for anyone interested in reading more about how schizophrenia moved from being a diagnosis assigned to white, middle-class women to one used to pathologize and institutionalize noncompliant black men in the 1960s, jonathan metzl’s the protest psychosis: how schizophrenia became a black disease is a good place to start. i have a PDF scan of it, too — just ask.
July 31st with 11,117 notes | reblog
every day putting on my makeup
(Source: glennnrhee)July 30th with 418,928 notes | reblog
July 29th with 1,027 notes | reblog
@DarkMatterRage #TwitterPoetry: LOST IN (TRANS)LATION
I went home to my family of origin this past week and found every interaction seasoned with politics. I decided to write some short #TwitterPoetry to capture those every day moments of intimacy that often go unnoticed but mean so much for us as queers going home.
For more poetry and politics follow us on twitter
July 29th with 9,530 notes | reblog
Why is body hair only unhygienic when its on a woman’s body?
July 29th with 51,661 notes | reblog
July 29th with 3,730 notes | reblog
people talking about how all modern art looks the same as if every portrait of a chunky white colonial person hanging in the met doesnt look the same too
"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." - Diane Arbus
(Source: vintagegal)July 29th with 21,678 notes | reblog
- guy: something spooky's happening
- fred: k we'll come check it out
- fred: daphne, velma come with me
- daphne: lol okei
- shaggy: but scooby and i are terrified of everything why do you always fucking send us off alone
- velma: shut up you two
- shaggy and scooby: *run into monster*
- scooby: RAGGY
- shaggy: *oblivious to everything*
- scooy: RAAAAGGGGGY
- shaggy: zoinks!
- *the monster chases them accompanied by fun music: part 1*
- shaggy and scooby: *meet up with fred, velma, and daphne*
- fred: what happened?
- shaggy: M-M-MONSTER
- velma: uh oh
- monster: boo
- all: AAAAH
- *the monster chases them accompanied by fun music: part 2*
- *they run into one room and come out of another one, i don't fucking know how that's possible*
- velma: my glasses! i lost my glasses!
- monster: *picks up velma's glasses and hands them to her*
- velma: thanks. ....JINKIES!
- *the monster chases them accompanied by fun music: part 3*
- monster: whoops i tripped
- scooby: i captured you
- *they pull the monster's mask off*
- fred: oh look it's the suspicious guy we met at the beginning of the episode who was super suspicious and greedy and he wanted money
- suspicious guy: and i would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog
- scooby: ROOBY ROOBY ROO
- all: *laugh*
July 26th with 33 notes | reblog
Sometimes i thought that i dont really have an otp but then i started rereading the princess diaries and my mia x michael feels are exploding